Senior Centre Without Walls
Free Telephone Group Activities For Manitobans
Senior Centre Without Walls (SCWW) provides educational and recreational programming in a fun and interactive atmosphere where all programming is provided over the phone.
Programming topics include; educational presentations, health and wellness, language classes, book clubs, travelogues and support groups. The free programs are accessed through a toll-free number and are offered during the day and evenings.
How does SCWW work?
- You may register for programs anytime during the term.
- You will be mailed a letter with the toll-free number to call into along with a six digit program code.
- You will be mailed any materials related to a program such as pictures and presentation handouts.
- A few minutes before a program starts, you call into the toll-free line and enter the program code and press the pound (#) key. You will be asked to say your name and press the pound (#) key again. You will then be joined into the call.
Who can participate in SCWW?
- Individuals 55+
- Living anywhere in Manitoba
- Groups of older adults may also join
Is there a cost to join?
No – all programming is free of charge and participants call into a toll-free line.
For more information and access to our Frequently Asked Questions (regarding SCWW), please download our SCWW Program Guide below.