Be A Santa To A Senior
Be a Santa to a Senior, now in its 12th year in Winnipeg, delivers gifts to socially isolated and/or in-need older adults who might not otherwise receive a gift during the holiday season.
Last holiday season, A & O: Support Services for Older Adults, in partnership with Home Instead Senior Care, delivered 6,500 gifts to Winnipeg’s socially isolated and/or in need older adults.services. Agency staff work closely with community groups to ensure they are aware of the Agency and its services in order to refer Older Manitobans, their families and friends to the appropriate supports.
How Be a Santa to a Senior Works
A & O works with Home Instead Senior Care and various community groups to identify socially isolated or in-need older adults who might not otherwise receive gifts this holiday season. Gift requests are typically items like robes, sweaters, warm socks or puzzle books, but oftentimes participants ask for needs, such as toiletries, toilet paper or pet food. A & O then works with community donors and volunteers to help facilitate the purchase and distribution of requested gifts. Each older adult's gift request (maximum $25) is written on a Be a Santa to a Senior tree ornament.
Brighten the holidays for Winnipeg’s socially isolated older adults
- Starting November 13th, ornaments with the gift wish of an older adult living in Winnipeg are available through:
- A & O: Support Services for Older Adults Central office at 200-280 Smith St. (Office hours: Mondays - Fridays, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
- The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy #331 at Unit 1A - 660 Osborne St. (Office hours: Mondays through Fridays, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm and Saturdays, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm).
- You may also inquire about ornaments at email@example.com
- Purchase, wrap and return the gift by Monday, December 2, 2019. NOTE: It is very important that the gift be accompanied with the gift request ornament - the code on the ornament ensures each participant gets the gift they requested.
- If you wish, you may make a cash donation to the Be a Santa to a Senior program here or by calling A & O at 204-956-6440. Please indicate that your gift is for the Be A Santa to a Senior program. Donations of $25 or more are eligible for a tax donation receipt.
To learn more about Be a Santa to a Senior, please contact us at 204-956-6440 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.